Getting here has been difficult – Blogs are a metaphor for persistence and desireI have been listening to Saturday morning broadcasts from “Women on the Edge of Evolution” (of which I hope I am one). Yesterday the guest was Mary Manin Morrissey, and I was intrigued by much of what she had to say. One of the many things she used to illustrate her ideas of evolution and becoming was mathematical. She said when you use 5 to get to 25 you begin with 5 of them. 5+5+5+5+5=25. Then you can evolve to using only two fives – 5X5=25. After that you can use only one - 5³ = 25. But only through understanding and evolving can you advance to that formula. As I write this it seems so simple, but it’s profound also. Sort like Christian’s image of thinking you have to span the canyon to the ground of being when really it’s just walking through the door. I highly recommend this program. All are invited, and if you can’t listen to it live, you can download it later. Last week was Barbara Marx Hubbard. You can register at Thank you for setting this up Shyla. Maybe I actually have it sort of figured out.
Mary Ellen
No comments:
Post a Comment