Thank you, Shyla, for starting this stream of consciousness for our exploration and delight! Yes, some leaves are stubborn but somehow I’ve come to realize that they have some of the biggest lessons for us when we truly “pay attention”! The life cycle which appears to “end” with the death of the human body keeps coming into my life in what seems to be very personal ways with the death of my parents last year and now with the father of my daughter-in-law. All the ethical implications and cultural practices of the dying process come crashing together as a reminder about evolutionary tension and creative friction. There will be more on this later but right now I just want to introduce cosmic voyager again, though I had left this moniker in the trunk for many years because the last half of the name was “destination unknown” from the Annie Proulx book “The Shipping News”. Now that I found the perspective that destination and process are one, I am again more comfortable just using cosmic voyager!
As you say, perspective is everything and I can attest to the fact that I, for one, have processed through the very experience which you so profoundly described. The limiting perspective of trying to be “no-thing” was nearly an overwhelming part of the process. It is only the time spent in the evolutionary hierarchy on Wednesday evenings at Muse which have kept my voyage moving forward. (Praise be to all of you on that higher plane with the skills to communicate the process!)
Snow has fallen on the leaves this morning with the reminder that everything is ever new……….
Cosmic Voyager
No comments:
Post a Comment